Volunteers contribute thousands of hours annually to help the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania fulfill their mission. Making prayer pillows, soaps and ceramic tiles for All Good Things, the campus art gallery and gift shop, working Sister Gretchen’s Christmas and Easter bake sales, and supporting the needs of residents of Rosary Care Center, a full service nursing home for religious, are just a few of the places and things volunteers do with the Sylvania Franciscans.
It is through the energy and dedication of our volunteers that the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania are able to accomplish as much as they do. If you have time, talent and energy you would like to offer the Sisters of St. Francis, consider becoming a volunteer. Regardless of the number of hours you are available, you can make a valuable contribution to the continuing success of the mission of the Sylvania Franciscans.
Following are a few of the areas you could volunteer:
- All Good Things—An art gallery and gift shop in Madonna Hall, near Queen of Peace Chapel.
- Gardens, Shrines and Woodlands—Help with shrine upkeep, outdoor gardening and upkeep of the 89 acre campus.
- Holy Aromas—Make soap, body wash and lotions for sale in All Good Things and other select locations.
- Alverno Studio—Assist with preparing ceramic tiles and plaques for sale in the AGT Gallery.
- Rosary Care Center—Assist residents of this long term care facility dedicated to Sylvania Franciscans, vowed religious, and clergy.
- St. Francis Guild—Assist in various Guild activities throughout the year.
- Wholistic Resource Center—Support activities in library and media resources for the community.
- Music and Worship—Assist in preparation and ministry for liturgy services in Queen of Peace Chapel.
- Communications and Development—Support promotion activities for Sylvania Franciscan programs and activities.
- Associates Program—Assist program director update computer databases, contact members, and attend events.
- Sister Gretchen Bake and Craft Sales—Assist in making and selling products for annual Christmas and Easter sales.
- Rosary Care Center Gift Shop—Staff gift shop that services residents and guests.
If you would like to learn more about Volunteer opportunities with the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, contact Sister Roselynn Humbert, Director of Volunteers, phone: 419-824-3610, E-mail: email@example.com or click here to sign up online.